Jimmy (in the original cast)
Here are some facts about Steve, obtained during an in-depth
interview by Howell:
- He comes from Cuddington, near Northwich, Cheshire.
- He made his acting debut as a wise man in a nativity
play when he was 5 years old.
- His dad is a magician and ventriloquist, and once won
a whole series of Opportunity Knocks.
- He writes computer games for
Digital Image Design, and
was involved in the writing of EF-2000, the well-known
flight simulator for the PC.
- He once stood behind the showbiz legend Paul Daniels
in an ice cream queue (Paul bought two Cornettos, original
- His favourite food is beer.
- Steve was there when Darren
met Mike Harding, but didn't believe him.
- He practised his wedding speech to a field of cows. He
even gave daisies to them, pretending they were bouquets for
- He once set fire to a freezer in his mate's back field.
- He got lost on a Cheshire hike when he was a young
scout and only realised this when he saw a sign saying
"Welcome to Wales".
- His feelings on fame are "it's cool" - though previously
experienced fame with a full fronty on TV ("Close Up North").
- While he was a student, after a night out at a popular
Manchester nightclub, he went to some nearby Roman ruins,
carved the words "if found, play chess" into a small block
of wood, placed it in a bucket and dangled it on a rope from
a small bridge over the Bridgewater Canal.